Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Wow! We are having a hot spell here and I am sort of loving it. If you've followed our bloggy and our "Lissy in Italy" bloggy you'd know we were living for a while in Italy where it is super HOT HOT HOT! People can't believe that this is late spring weather for me (but drier of course). And yes I survived it with 2 tiny babies and having to walk half an hour there and back for groceries everyday.

I was thinking, what a great opportunity to keep the wee ones busy AND entertained with a Luau party or a Flamingo party. Get out your tropical attire or bathing suits, some sprinklers or a kiddie pool and some fruit and slurpee drinks. Here's a little inspirations for you:

I'm sure not everyone has air conditioning so why not make the most of our summer and have some fun before we head back into -30 some degrees (I live in Canada and yes, we get a few of those really cold days.)

Let the kids make their own fruit kabobs:

Or how about frozen watermelon pops... it's the easiest treat I can think of! Slice up some watermelon, add a stick and pop it in the freezer for a hot afternoon snack!

Set out a veggie tray. I bet if the other kids are eating a veggie your kids normally won't try, then they will give it a shot! It worked for my kids at their playschool parties.

Get out the slip and slide, or if you don't have one, I hear a tarp and some running water works too. It's a great way to stay cool in this hot weather. Aloha!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment